We organized most of our garage. And I mean organize. It looks SO good! We put up track shelving all around on 3 sides, and put up shelves and so all my clothes totes have a home. We are done putting up the tracks/brackets on the third wall, but don't have any more pressboard. So not all my holiday decorations have a home. We were VERY proud of ourselves - we were able to park both cars in the 2 car garage!! (notice I said were. not any more.)
Why we're not able to park 2 cars in the garage: we built a fence around our property. This has created stress in the garage as the hubby had to use the tools he has collected to saw/cut/rip anything else that men like to do with wood. Hopefully as soon as we get the shelves for the holiday decorations, we'll both be back in the garage.
We organized the crawl space. I already had a few metal shelves from Sam's Club. I went and bought a few more, so now I have lots of shelving in the crawl space for everything from food storage to toys. And it is HEAVEN!! I send my kids "shopping" when we are out of something upstairs, and they LOVE being able to go and find the things we need for whatever we are making.
We planted our garden (just yesterday, but hey, it took a while to get the cow poop on garden, get it tilled, and finally get it dry enough.)
School's finally out. I drove my kids back to their old school to finish out the school year. That meant two trips every day, plus if it was preschool days, I had to make a third. I have a hard time just going that far, so if I already have the kids loaded, I tend to go to the grocery store. Or Wal-Mart. Or Deseret Industries (my favorite). So I spent a lot of time in the car in the last while. No, I don't have pictures of that.
Also, my 9-year-old asked me one day why I spend so long on the computer. (I really don't. It just is the first thing I do in the morning. I check my bank accounts and email. Apparently this is too much to do on the computer.) I felt bad about that statement, so I have been avoiding spending so long on the computer.
Maybe I'll do some more nothing during the next little while, and I'll have more pictures of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment