I was really excited when December started. I looked at my calendar, and had mostly empty days, especially empty nights. I LOVE when I can just stay home and enjoy the Christmas season. One of our many Christmas countdowns is we open and read a book or watch a movie every night. I have missed out on most of these now!! Somehow, my December evenings were QUICKLY filled up!
We've had 4 concerts (one for me for community band, one for my sister's trombone choir, and 2 for A on violin), a ward party (where Santa showed up!), dessert with good friends, practices for songs I am playing piano for for various solos/groups, NOVA graduation for A, assemblies for A, S, and K where I was reminded how good of readers my kids are, book club, scouts, and a doctors appointment.
A was also working on a state project with a girl in her class. They got an idea in their heads to do a model of a colonial Massachusetts town with clay. So we had to work on that. As soon as the clay was out, it was all hands on deck. I love how intensely E is working with the clay!!
Here's our Santa pictures this year:
A decided that she wanted to sit on Mrs. Claus' lap instead.
And I guess this is as good as time as any to announce the arrival of Smith #6, due April 2011. I had an ultrasound last Monday. 99.9% sure that it is . . . . . a GIRL!! We're pretty excited!!
And I probably WON'T post ON Christmas Day, but we'll see what the day brings! As ward choir director, I'm in charge of the sacrament meeting program. So we'll see how much energy I have left by the end of the day!! Have a VERY merry Christmas!!






Congratulations Julie and family!! How exciting!! Your girls are all so cute, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas (and good luck with the program - that's a lot!) hang in there!! Congrats again, so happy for you!!
ReplyDelete