Thursday, May 3, 2012

She's here!!

Our little B joined us April 18, 2012.   Considering I could basically pick the date (inductions, I LOVE it!!) - okay, I picked between 2 days, I picked the one that she could share birthdays with 2 of my favorite people in the world - her grandma and grandpa.  Yes, my parents share the same birthdays, and now B shares that special day WITH them!!  Labor was GREAT.  I was about at a 4 when I went in at 7:15.  About 8:30 I got my epidural.  About 10 the doctor broke my water.  My epidural worked great. I didn't feel any pain from the contractions.  At about 12:45 I could feel a lot of pressure down there, and figured it was going to be anytime.  The nurse came in and checked me, and she was crowned and ready to come!  (by the way, my nurse was one of my really good friends mom.  I was glad to have a familiar face to have during labor!  and to catch up on her family!!  It was great!)  She called the doctor.  He came in, about 2 pushes later, I was done!  It was great!!

Little B - 7 lbs 10 ounces.  19 inches long.

Of course, I found the blurry version of this one.  My great nurse took it for me!  She said it was her boys favorite "birth" picture of them with their baby!  I agree.  It is very sweet!

With mom

The six-lits!!  Nana watched O and E while I was in labor.  She brought hats that she had made for the girls.  They were thrilled to show them off to me.

Getting some sun.  Plus I love natural light pictures.  And naked baby pictures. 


We have had some random days out of school.  This year, one happened on a day after B was born, so the hubby had the day off, too.  We had a Groupon coupon for a family membership to a place in Ogden, and we had only used it once.  So we decided to haul all the kids (even cousin A and cousin M) to the Dinosaur Park.  It was SUPER busy (it was a beautiful day) but the kids had a blast.  It was a little tiring to walk around that soon after delivering a baby, but it felt good to get out and move.  Plus there is a lot of places to sit!  It was a lot of fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo so cute. I like the picture of the cousins in the cabinet. and the hats.
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats... I don't think boys are in your future! lol... she is beautiful. Hope the clan is doing well!

    ReplyDelete