I like to take photos. In case you haven't noticed. I like it a lot. It is a really easy way for me to keep track of the things we do when I take pictures.
The bad thing about taking pictures is then I end up with a TON of pictures! Then I have to do something with them!!
Here's a quick look into what we've been up to: (sorry the photos are NOT in chronological order. I am too lazy to drag them into their right homes!!)
K turned 8 and got baptized to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. (very proud of her and this decision!)
We baptized her while the family was (mostly) together for our family reunion at Aunt Thomas' house. So here's the family reunion. We played, hiked, explored, watched a movie, hiked caves, had a bon fire, and did all sorts of fun stuff. Plus most of the adults got to go see the Shakespearean Festival's running of Les Miserable. It was WONDERFUL!!!!! (no pictures of that, sadly.)
We got to see the Oscar Mayer Wiener Mobile. We saw this once while we lived in Kansas. And we were excited to see it again. And they had samples this time. It was yummy.
We met friends from Oklahoma at a park in Salt Lake City. It was a lot of fun.
They got to ride on the little carnival rides they have there. Here's some of the girls waiting in anticipation:
We celebrated S's 10th birthday.
We harvested our garden. It was a BIG watermelon. And we had several this size. And the honey dew. It wasn't quite ripe yet.
We celebrated E's 3rd birthday.
We hung drywall in the room that is going to be O and K's new room. Eventually. Still working on getting THAT project done......
We got to see the Brigham City Temple during its open house, then the Hubby, A, S, and I got to attend the dedication of the temple. It was a VERY neat experience.
We hiked. And enjoyed the beautiful fall colors.
We (mainly K) lost some teeth.
We dressed up for a Halloween Party.
We did an impromptu photo shoot. And enjoyed more fall colors.
Here's B with pretty colors:
And her not enjoying the leaves:
Here's more from the reunion, on an archaeology tour of their local area.
We celebrated K's 8th birthday. (told you the pictures aren't in order!!)
We built sculptures.
We camped. And ate yummy food.
We had the family olympics.
We went swimming for the Smith family reunion.
And played at a mini-farm for the Smith extended family reunion.
We met friends from Kansas at the same park we met the friends from Oklahoma. Actually, we met the friends from Kansas first. So we met the friends from Oklahoma at the same park we met the friends from Kansas! Confusing, right? (these friends have 4 girls, all but 3 are my girls' ages. we get a log well. random fact.)
We wandered the county fair.
And played at the local splash pad.
But I was excited for school to start. (not catching A's bus at 6:50, though.)
O finally gets to go to school with the big kids.
B wasn't sure about sitting in the watermelon. (we grew this one, too.)
We played at the park a bunch. (another random fact, this merry-go-round was the one at my elementary school growing up. I have a LOT of memories of riding on it during recess!!)
We got a camping trailer (here's the inside.) It was at the end of the season, so we didn't get to really test it out!!
We wacked a pumpkin pinata at the Halloween party (more proof that the pics are not in order!).
And we did a photo shoot of K in her new dress she got for her baptism.
It seems like it was a whirlwind of a few months. I guess staying busy keeps us out of trouble, right?!?!?















Thanks for posting all these photos-- so fun to look at! I meant to tell you we got the invite for K's baptism and we were so thrilled! Thanks for sending it to us and keeping us in the loop even though I'm not that good at keeping in touch back. Wish we could have been there. Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteHi! Tell A I liked the cute outfit she had on the first day of school. And to check her email ;).
ReplyDelete