Sunday, July 20, 2014

Life just seems to keep going

What to talk about? I feel like each day just flies by with the same monotonous events happening. We get up and (hopefully) get one room clean each day. Then we go about our day with the different activities for the different ages....the older 4 reading quietly while the younger 2 play with each other. Yes, we do a lot of reading around our house. I'm so glad that my girls love to read! I just really feel like we don't do anything of note!! I guess a fun thing that we have been doing this summer is the a program they started in our little valley. It is the first year that they have done it here, but the Mayor of one of the towns heard about it in another area and got it started here. It is the Unplugged program. 

Unplugged has been so much fun for the kids! It is a program designed to get kids up and moving during the summer and keep them from sitting inside watching TV or playing video games for the summer. The kids do different activities sponsored by different businesses in the valley. Then they can receive a "brag badge" from the business they get to put on a lanyard they got at the end of the school year. Most of the activities are free (the ones we have done!) but the ones that charge are done on a discounted basis. Like bowling. For really cheap. Or learning how to Irish Dance. Or Yoga. Not that my kids aren't interested in those activities, but when you have to pay for 6 kids, it quickly adds up! We probably will eventually do the bowling one at least...I like bowling. I'm not good at it, but its fun and the girls love it. Anyways....the free ones. We have done things like making and flying paper airplanes. They colored the driveway up with their artwork with sidewalk chalk.







They had a water fight. They went on a picnic. They played at the splash pad.



They went camping.




They went to a local beehive and saw a beehive. Most things we do for a normal summer anyway! It has really been a lot of fun. And the girls LOVE going and getting their brag badges. It has been a lot of fun and  has given the kids some motivation to get up and get moving.

We've done that didn't involved brag badges....we made flag shirts then wore them at the 4th of July Parade (S actually made hers at activity days. Then we copied it and made one for the rest of them... I think they turned out pretty cute!)


And B sure thinks that she is cool!!

and we've done other things that I'm sure I have pictures of, but I don't want to go through all them to find them! We've had a busy but fun summer!

1 comment: