January feels like the longest month sometimes. It is a frustrating month for me.
Getting back into a schedule.
The "January Thaw" we get EVERY YEAR that melts all the snow.
Gross clumps of snow that are left after said January Thaw.
No snow is hiding the dead grass.
The inversion.
The daylight hours are still so short.
Yeah. Just kind of a BLAH month for me. I really have no motivation at all to do anything.
About a month ago, I decided a good goal for me, A and S would be to run a half-marathon. If you know me, you know I HATE running. It hurts. It is not fun. I get shin splints. I have never loved running. It is something I avoid. So yeah. This is a big deal (at least for me. My kids are in shape enough they won't need as much training. Some, I know, but not as much!!) The race is in August, so we have 9 months to train. I have started walking on my mom's treadmill while E is at preschool. Not that I'm going very far, but the goal is to get moving and lose some leftover weight. So I have been trying to train this month. Its hard. Like I said. No motivation.
We really have done stuff this month to try to make the month easier.
I surprised the kids a few weeks ago and we went bowling for Family Home Evening. We don't do this a lot. But I figure I have to keep them excited!!
We made it down to Aunt Slack's new house. They moved in October to Utah County. We haven't been to their house since then, so we ran down for a day.
We also went to Uncle S's high school musical production of "Bye Bye Birdie" then we spent the night at their house.
We have been to Malad. Twice. Once for a fun visit, the next a not-so-fun visit where we honored the life of one of the Hubby's Aunts. It was a great visit, just not as fun!! She was a great woman who raised 6 boys (I can't even imagine how hard THAT would be!! Boys are different than girls. And I'm sure glad I have my girls!!)
A and S are also playing church basketball (because I make them. Anything to get them moving!!) We went and watched their game last week. Here are a few of the surprises I found on the iPod after the game:
Aren't they flattering pictures?? I love my girls!!
I'm glad the month is almost over. Here's to a new month!!




No comments:
Post a Comment