Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sedgwick County Park had been working on a park for a LONG time.  It was supposed to open the fall before we moved here, but it was late!  But it finally opened the fall of 2008.  So for play group, we started just meeting at the new park at the Sedgwick County Park.  The park there is VERY good - they have different areas for different age groups, it has sand boxes, water IN the sand boxes (which, as a mom, the combination ISN'T my favorite.  Oh well), and - best of all- the whole area is FENCED IN!!!!!  The kids all seemed to enjoy the new park, they always had a lot of fun and got really dirty when we came to this park!
One of our friends
enjoying the water and sand
Enjoying the water and sand
I missed having ALL the kids in the tunnel by about 2 minutes.  Why is it when you get the camera out, it is JUST too late to get the shot you were going for?

O's FAVORITE thing to do is swing.  I usually try to indulge her for a few minutes and push her, but I can only stand it for a little while.  She'll just go and stand by the swing, holding onto the chain with one hand, and eventually some nice soul will put her BACK in the swing.  Then I feel more obligated to go and push my daughter for a few minutes.  Then I hop her out, get her involved in something else, start chatting with the other moms, and next thing I know - she is back in a swing with some nice soul pushing her again!  I can't seem to keep her out of those swings!!

1 comment:

  1. She is so hilarious, I'm gonna miss that. Her little face while she is waiting so patiently.

    ReplyDelete