Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

I was a bit disappointed in behalf of my kids this year for Halloween. Their school does not allow costumes. Part of the "fun" of Halloween in my mind is getting to wear your costume as much as possible and showing it off to your friends. So to not have the kids wear it to school really put a damper on my oldest 2's day. K and O were excited - I let both of them dress up for K's Halloween party at preschool (a fact that made A and S VERY jealous!!) on Friday. On Saturday, Justin took the girls up to their Nana and Papa's house to help winterize the yard, and I spent the day helping my mom at the annual Bridgerland Band Invitational (my chance to go and say Hi to all of my fellow band geeks that are now band directors/staff at the different high schools in Utah). So my kids didn't end up getting dressed up for Halloween until 6:00 after we ate dinner, right before trick-or-treating. I'm not a huge fan of Halloween anyways, but my kids like it. So we dressed them up and took them up the street and back. And they were happy with the little bit of candy they got! I love kids and how they don't ask for much - just a few pieces of candy can make them happy!

All of the kids dressed up (they are also sitting by the pumpkin they carved!)

O was really excited to be a princess.

K was also excited I let her be a princess (and her pumpkin is a cat. in case you couldn't tell)

S has been insistent to be a cat. We even raided my nieces dance costumes, but she still wanted to be a cat. but notice that her pumpkin is a puppy!

A was also insistent about being a jaguar. I'm just glad my sister-in-law had a jaguar costume we could borrow!

Oh yeah, dad was home this year to help get the kids dressed up. I let him help with the costumes. I'm glad I had him help. He did a GREAT job on the girl's make-up! Thanks honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment