Sunday, February 27, 2011

Slacker

I had great intentions to update last week. I really did. I was actually kinda sad to NOT update my blog last week. And I have a really good excuse for not updating. The girls and I went to Cedar City to visit with my sister for president's day weekend. And (I don't know if you're going to believe me, but this is completely true) my sister does NOT have the internet. None. No dial-up, no nice neighbors with unsecured internet, no nothing. I tried. I really did. Not too hard, though. When you click on the network button and all the networks are locked, it really isn't worth trying that hard for. On that note, I have 2 weeks to try to remember. And I don't have a good memory from what happens in one week, so this COULD be interesting!!!

The trip to Cedar City was fun - we didn't do much other than hang out at the house, we went to IFA and the grocery store, but that was about it! I babysat 13 kids during their adult session of Stake Conference (with no problems, even!), "babysat" 3 of mine and 2 of hers during the general session of stake conference, we played lots of games, did a bunch of honey-do's that my brother-in-law had been avoiding (I hung up pictures, did a sewing project, nothing major like knocking a wall out that I really want to help with), and mainly just visited. It snowed while we were there, just enough to get the outside muddy. Really muddy. But not enough to go sledding on her infamous steep sledding hill, I mean driveway.

So because of the trip, we have been really lazy and haven't gotten many of our weekly jobs done. We started a day late, and we just never really caught up in the momentum of cleaning. We also had a busy week to contend with cleaning. Tuesday we had scouts, then my Bigleman sister and her 2 kids came and sat in our hot tub, so we didn't get anything done (not that I'm complaining. I would MUCH rather sit in the hot tub than clean!!). Wednesday I had band. Thursday night was Family Sealings night at the temple. Friday was Band Night at McDonald's (they are donating a portion of their sales to the MC band. Dinner for a good cause?) and then we invited ourselves to the Bigleman's for the Jazz game (good game, by the way). Then we had to dig ourselves out of the 12 inches of snow we actually got from the predicted storm on Friday night. So after shoveling until about 11:00 am Saturday, we went sledding with the Bigleman's. It was a lot of fun! (Not the shoveling, but the sledding was!)
E enjoying the sledding

O, Bigleman #2, K, and S enjoying the tubes



Friday A also had the school spelling bee. She's been a bit nervous for this since she found out about it. She did really well - she was the 13th person out, out of 19 kids. Not too bad! She got out on relinquish. She was happy - apparently all she cared was that she made into the intermediate words, which she did. She also got to be one of the main characters in the 3 minute play the fourth grade put on for an assembly. She as really excited for the day!

A in the spelling bee

A dressed up as Mama Bear for the play






No comments:

Post a Comment