Sunday, February 6, 2011

January 29-February 5

It really scares me to type in February. This year is already going by too fast!! I'm not quite ready for it to be February. We haven't even thought about Valentine's Day, and we normally send out cards to all our cousins! We'd better get busy! This could be a busy week of writing names!

But before we get to that point, what happened this week? I honestly couldn't tell you. The weeks all seem to blend together so much. I think back and say, wait, that happened 3 weeks ago, not last week!

We had school all week, stayed up late Tuesday and Wednesday finishing A's animal report project (I'm really going to have to post a picture of it when she gets it back. It looked great.) that was due on Thursday. She wanted to do a 3-D Arctic Grayling, then shmear lotion or soap all over it so it would be slimy like a fish. She's very ambitious! Her dad isn't as ambitious. We talked her into a paper fish. I think this took more time. We bought some specialty paper, cut it into strips with my rounded scissors, lined them up like scales - very detailed work. She'd better get a good grade on it!! She also found out this week that she is going to the school spelling bee to be held later in February. We're going to be busy getting ready for that.

We got our scouts 2 steps closer to getting their Arrow of Light award - they have to earn 8 activity badges. I thought we had until June to get them done. No, one of the birthday's is Feb 18 so we had to get busy on the last 4 we have left! But he should be done by then, we have 2 1/2 left to do in 2 weeks. But we're excited we can have 2 boys be done and receive their Arrow of Lights in March. (This is why we were up late on Tuesday. We have scouts Tuesdays so we had to wait until after scouts to start cutting and pasting.)

We celebrated one of my nephew's 6th birthday on Wednesday. We all meet at my mom's house for birthday dinner, cake, ice cream, and we give the birthday person a few small presents (by small, I mean a hand-drawn picture by a 7-year-old, or a fruit snack, not a box, A fruit snack. small. we have a lot of cousins to buy presents for. but we all do small and the kids love it.). We have enjoyed this tradition and it keeps us close as a family. (This is why we started late on Wednesday. We had to go to the birthday party before assembling the fish.)

I finally had my piano tuned on Friday. It turned out to be a busy day - we had our cat neutered so we were taking care of that, the piano took longer than I thought, I ended up having to run a few unexpected errands, but nothing major was going on.

We went to a baptism for a little girl yesterday. I'm glad that I play the piano so I get asked to go to baptisms. It is a great chance for my kids to participate in this sacred ordinance and to feel the spirit there.

I got a new game in the mail - every Tuesday some girls in my neighborhood get together for a pot-luck lunch and games. We have played some really fun new games, and so I had to buy them. I got one of them on Friday. We had Bigleman sister and kids over to play it on Friday, then went over to my parents' house on Saturday and played it with the parents, Gordon couple and Denison couple. It's called TransAmerica. It is a train game like Ticket To Ride, but not as competitive. Which is good. I have walked away from Ticket To Ride feeling WAY upset at my family members. Way upset. But this game you work together a lot more so it is really nice to play. I think everyone like it! I had fun, at least! After playing with the adults twice, I played a round with my dad, A, S, Gordon #1, and Denison #1 (who is only 6). I was surprised with how well Denison #1 did at the game. We helped him a little bit, but he was great at getting to his destinations (once he knew where they were, that was the hardest part for him. The US is big!). I'm really glad we bought it - it will be a good one to play with the family. And there isn't as many cards to ruin so I won't be SO OCD about bent cards. And I'll laminate them now so they won't get ruined so easily. Yes, I have issues with bent cards.

But since we were up late on Saturday, we didn't get baths done. So now I need to go get church baths under way. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment