I think I was right in wanting boring weeks. Cuz this week was anything BUT boring!
Monday we had a 1/2 day of school. My kids had asked me to bring their bikes or scooters so they could ride home (yes, it's unfortunately that warm here.). I forgot to bring them, so I was feeling really nice and decided to go and pick them up. That was where the trouble began. I didn't push the opener for the garage until I was in the van, then I went and backed into the garage door. Not one of my finer moments. I had to pull the emergency release cord to get the garage door up the rest of the way, ran got the kids, parked back in the garage and pulled it back (partially closed. So then when the hubby got home, I pulled it up to show him the damage. We pulled the van out, tried to close it and eventually the other rollers came out of the track. Not good. So now we are getting a new garage door. Luckily its covered by home owners, but I'm not thrilled to part with the deductible or (I'm sure will follow) the higher cost of the insurance each year.
We had no school on Tuesday, so we had a cousin party at Grandma's house. It was fun, but we had a very unproductive day. So on Tuesday night at 5:30 A remembered she had 2 book reports due on Wednesday, I was NOT thrilled. It would have been fine if she was going to do a written report, but she had decided to do one of her creative book reports that requires a bit more time. We had already decided to do a poster on The Little House On The Prairie because we went to the recreation of the little house when we lived in Kansas. So we had to find the pictures, find a flash drive, dump them on, drive to Wal-Mart to have the machine there not read the flash drive. So we ended up taking another trip after I emailed the pictures in. At 9:00 that night we were finally starting to put the poster together. I was not thrilled. But at least she is almost done with all her required book reports!!
Wednesday was a hard day to get back in the swing of things. Then we had pack meeting (hubby is the Webelos leader) and since I have band on Wednesday nights, the kids all got to go ice blocking for pack meeting. I heard they had a lot of fun!
Thursday we did family sealings so the kids got to go to cousin's house to play. They never mind when we go to the temple because it means they get to go play.
Friday we babysat a niece while sister and brother-in-law went to the temple. I spent a lot of the day on Friday hooking up the NEW COMPUTER!!!!! No, I'm not excited!! The hubby got hit on the head by one of their carts at work so he came home from work at noon. It was nice surprise to see him, but I felt bad because he probably had a minor concussion from it. He laid in bed all day watching Netflix. A also got to go on a field trip up to Hardware Ranch today to go and see the elk. They fed the elk then took the kids on a sleigh ride around to see them eat. It was really cool!! (or so she said!)
Saturday I went to our stake's women conference. It was wonderful! Then we left the kids with aunt and uncle (at grandma's) while we went and did endowments at the temple. It was nice - it's been too long since I have been to do and actual session. We are pretty consistent at going once a month for sealings, but it's a lot harder to find time to go for a session. (I know. I shouldn't complain about finding time. I live within 15 minute of the temple. I should have learned better about sacrifice in Kansas having to drive 3 hours to go.)
That was our week in a nut shell!!
No comments:
Post a Comment