For Family Home Evening on Monday night, we went to the local outdoor ice skating rink. I lasted a whole 15 minutes - my skates were KILLING me! But A LOVED it! She got roller blades a few years ago and did exceptional on the skates. She cried when it was time to go. We promised her that we would go again (we haven't) but she still cried most of the way home. S enjoyed it, did (really) rather well, but was happy to get her skates off. K cried all the way home, too, but not because she wanted to stay. She was ready to go - her feet were cold, they hurt, she was tired. Although it is easier for me to listen to the 6-year-old cry the whole way home than it is for me to hear the 10-year-old. I don't know why . . . . O and E both enjoyed the skating, as long as someone was holding onto them. My mom has 2 tubs of skates, and my mother-in-law let us take a few of her pairs last year, so we didn't have to rent any skates. We even found a baby pair for E to wear. She was thrilled. She has to be doing what the big kids are doing.
Tuesday we did the scout thing, like normal. Wednesday I had the band thing like normal.
Thursday - K was the Star Student this week so I got to go and tell her class about her. She was funny. I asked her what she wanted me to tell the class, and she wouldn't tell me (except that she didn't want me to tell the class that she liked princesses. I don't know.). I also found a chore chart I could modify easily to try out for my family. So I worked on painting all day and we implemented it on Thursday (well, more Friday, but we discussed it on Thursday!)
Friday I went to our first Girls Night Out with 2 of my sisters. My older sister said she wanted to do one, and one of my younger sisters said, "Okay, how about scrapbooking Friday at my house!" So we did it! My other sister couldn't come (she is having a rough pregnancy!!) but we had it anyway. My 2 sisters got 49 pages done each, and I got 60 pages done. I was THRILLED! They aren't necessarily the cutes pages, but I'd rather have 60 pages in O's baby book than all those pictures still in a box!! I still need to journal on them before I put them away, but I'm a bit excited to get them done!!
Saturday I had a baby shower to go to, so the kids hung out with Grandpa for a while. The we came home, worked on our job chart (which, 3 days in and it is still exciting for the kids! horray!) and made dinner for the missionaries. It is something I really miss about Kansas. We fed the missionaries at least once a month there, and we haven't done it once since moving to Utah. I miss having the opportunity to have them in our home on a consistent basis. We were really excited to spend time with the elders here.
That was our week, in a nutshell!!
No comments:
Post a Comment