Sunday, October 9, 2011

2 weeks

I'm remembering now why I like to post every week.  Not that we did a ton during the last 2 weeks, but it seems like forever since I posted!!  I didn't post last week because we were at my mom's all day watching General Conference for our church.  I enjoy General Conference SO much!  It is 8 hours of inspiration and learning and feeling the spirit and spending time with family and eating.  We also like to paint or do another craft during the Saturday sessions, and we did again this year.  But I have yet to take pictures of what we painted.  It turned out WAY cute, though!!  We also have a traditional sundae bar after the men get back from the Priesthood Session.  We have a great time listening and watching conference!!

Here's the kids playing with each other during conference.  I have no idea what they are looking at, but they looked so cute lined up there!!

Grandpa let the dog out the WHOLE time during conference (very rare, I promise!!).  And Cayenne was very patient the whole time.  Denison#3 and E loved playing with her!

After the Sunday sessions of conference, we celebrated my birthday with dinner.  Ham and Party Potatoes with apple crisp for dessert.  YUMMY!!!!  

Monday was 1/2 day of school for parent/teacher conferences (the girls are all doing GREAT), then we ran to a dentist office (only 2 cavities, both on S), then ran to a Safe Family Fair where the kids learned about safety (the firetrucks were there, the police, plus several other booths. And free cotton candy, drinks and ice cream.  the kids were in heaven.)

Tuesday was no school because of parent/teacher conferences, so I decided to take advantage of the local beauty school's cheap haircut Tuesdays.  The girls have been wanting their haircut forEVER, so we chopped it off for locks of love.  
The line up of girls

S's ponytail (look in the mirror!!)

A's ponytail

O's ponytail

K's ponytail (she had her hair in braids before it was cut, so it was a very wavy ponytail!)

The pile of hair!

After from the front

and from the back
I LOVE LOVE LOVE their haircuts!!  It has already been so much faster to get ready in the mornings!!  I'm so glad my girls were willing to donate that to people who need wigs!  We've been taking about this a lot lately.  The girl's don't really know any one personally that needed to wear a wig because of cancer (the hubby's aunt had cancer, but we didn't really know her, and my aunt is in remission, so they don't know she needed wigs for a while).  It's been a great experience to talk and learn about this!

That's about it for the week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Short hair! They look so different! That's awesome guys!

    ReplyDelete