School started again. YEA!!! A, S, and K were very excited to be back on Tuesday, and O started again on Wednesday. And I'm happy to have my afternoon times with E.
We spent time helping out Aunt Denison - she's been suffering from vertigo this week and has been pretty miserable. I'm glad we live close enough to help with her little ones while she is down and out!!
I also fulfilled a request given to me about 9 months ago - I did an inventory of the choir music that is in our ward building. I'm our ward's choir director, so they thought it was obvious that I do the inventory. And we are getting a new building (next week, YEA!!) so I needed to go thru all the music and pull the music that belongs to our ward. It was a long day of writing and sorting, and I'm glad to have it done.
I had band this week, and the hubby had to help out with pack meeting. Interesting story about that: the person over awards called me on Tuesday to have me call our boys and remind them about pack meeting. She had talked to the chairperson, and she said that pack meeting was supposed to be the snow activity this month. But we had NO snow. None. Whatsoever. So instead they decided we should play games, so have the hubby bring some games to play. I told him, and he was going to bring a few board-type games to play. Then I told him he should get twister - maybe it would be good for a bunch of scouts. Then I remembered that last spring I helped Aunt Denison make a GIANT twister game. Maybe we could borrow it for the night (it was 10 minutes before pack meeting when I realized this!!). The hubby ran to Aunt Denison's house, got the game, and ran to scouts, arriving about 10 minutes late. The stake men's basketball had commandeered the cultural hall (stake takes priority over wards, apparently!) so pack meeting ended up being in the primary room. Which was perfect for Twister. It ended up saving the night!! It was well-recieved and everyone who played had fun.
| This isn't the scouts, but here's how big the Twister game is!! |
We had Uncle J and his friend over last night to play games and eat dinner. He lives not far from us, but doesn't seem to make it over very much. We had a lot of fun playing with each other.
This week looks like it will be quiet, which I like!
No comments:
Post a Comment