Sunday, December 27, 2009

Update

So we had a great Christmas. We went up to Nana and Papa's house for Christmas Eve, and ended up at our great granny and grandpa's house for Christmas Eve dinner and the reading/acting of the nativity. It was nice to spend time with them! We got up Christmas morning and opened up our stockings - Santa had managed to find us up there, the girls were a bit concerned about that! We then ate breakfast and opened the rest of the presents, from family members and from Santa. We had a lot of fun unwrapping all the presents(which Santa had never wrapped before so it was a different experience. A said she liked it the other way, cuz we wouldn't have to throw so much paper away. I agree, but that is because I'm lazy.).

I love the Christmas season. I love to sit with my kids and listen to Christmas music and drive around and see the lights. Every year the high school puts on a Christmas Fantasy concert that is a concert intermixed with a little Christmas play. I performed in it every year in high school, and always enjoyed seeing the kids reactions. This year, I took K, O, and E (who didn't really care for the noise) to see the show. I LOVED to see their reactions!! It was so much fun and made me so happy and excited for the Christmas season. There is always so much fun things to do. We also went to the sing-in of Handel's Messiah at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City. It was VERY well done, and as long as E didn't distract me, I followed along pretty well. Maybe next year I'll be able to sing it a bit better! We went to my dad's Imperial Glee Club concert, I got to play in a Christmas concert with the Cache Community Band (which, if you live in the valley and are NOT a member, come join us - it is a lot of fun!!). It is a very busy but very fun time of the year!! Eventually I'll get up pictures and post some fun ones of the kids playing in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment