We had a fun week this week. We had friends over for dinner on Sunday night, and stayed up too late playing Settlers of Cataan, Seafarers version. I lost. But it was fun!
On Monday we (me, A and S) went skiing with Bigleman Sister, her 2 kids and Big Brother and family. My sister's #1went skiing with us last year, and this year she decided to bring her little girl. This is a picture of me using the Lucky Buns with her.
It's a pretty cool harness that has (for a lack of better term) 2 "leashes" that the experienced skier can hold onto. Then they don't go too fast or loose control. We did pretty well with it! I also used it with S, who felt a lot more comfortable skiing this year than she did last year. We actually went down the hill (without me dragging her) 2 times, which is more than last year when I had to drag her up, then drag her back down. A did really well - she skied with her cousins who have been taking lessons for several years now. I wish I had the time/money to bring them skiing more often - it's a sport I actually enjoy, so I wish I could go more often with them!
We went to Wolf Mountain which is down by Odgen. They have a deal on Monday nights - 4 tickets for $40.00. Can't beat that price! They have a magic carpet there so the newbies can ride that up, then ski a VERY shallow hill back to the bottom. It helps with the nervousness of the lift to get up a hill. Bigleman #1 and #2 liked the magic carpet. (my sister had the camera while we were there, so most of the pics are of her kids! :) )
Here's me, A, S, Bigleman #2, Bigleman #1 posing by the Wolf Mountain sign. We had a lot of fun skiing together!!
Tuesday my mom, Gordon sister, and Denison sister got together to try a new recipe. My Thomas sister was given a recipe for homemade hot pockets that she said her kids devoured, so we decided to try them. I bought all the stuff thinking it was going to call for a lot, then after seeing the recipe, I had bought enough stuff to do like 8 batches. So I called them over and we made 4 batches of the stuff. We ended up with over 50 hot pockets that were VERY delicious! We had them for dinner after scouts, and pretty much everyone liked them.
The recipe:
1 batch pizza crust (or I think the original recipe called for 2 packages frozen dough. I don't like frozen dough when the homemade is so easy to make.)
3/4 C shredded cheddar
1 C small broccoli florets
1 1/4 C chopped, cooked ham
mix the cheese, broccoli, and ham in a bowl.
roll out the dough pretty thin. Cut into rectangles, put a scoop of filling on to each rectangle. Pinch the dough closed. Bake at 400 for 13-15 minutes. enjoy!
Wednesday:
The school had a literacy night. S's class have worked on memorizing poems, then they performed them that night. There was a lot of people in there. It was crazy. It was also very structured, unlike other literacy nights that I have been to. They had activities that lasted a specific amount of time. Not come and go like the ones I prefer. But S's class did 2 sessions of the poetry reading. I was sitting in the back for the first one so I didn't get very good video of it. The second time, I moved to the front, so the video is much better. I hope it loads. She recited My Greedy Sister by Shel Silverstein. It's a pretty funny poem. After literacy night, I went to band, the kids went to bed. My Denison sister had her baby Wednesday, too. Busy day!
Thursday:
I was looking forward to an early bedtime Thursday night, but we ended up watching the Denison kids until their mom was released from the hospital. My dad had bishopric meetings, my mom had relief society meetings, so we got to watch the kids! Horray! We also got to meet the cute little baby. She is a tiny thing! E wasn't sure about her to begin with, but by the end, she was VERY sad to see "her" baby leave. She wanted to carry her around and decided it was the coolest thing ever.
Friday:
Friday night I realized it had been a while since we played games with my family, so we bought pizza and had pizza and games at my parent's house. It was fun. We ended by playing hot potato with all the kids. Again, I lost. At all the games we played. (why do I enjoy playing games? I never win!!)
Saturday:
Saturday morning was one of the most relaxing Saturday mornings in a long time. The kids slept in (finally, they needed it!!). Then we dropped the kids off at Grandma's and the hubby and I went on a "date" to a mini-family reunion with my father-in-laws family. They apparently haven't gotten together in about 20 years, so it was a long-awaited for gathering. We went to the Maddox restaurant (which, I had never been to, it was yummy food). Afterwards, we came home, decided we wanted to go see The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We called the in-laws and invited them to come with us. So we went to the movie (the kids liked it, and only a few parts were "scary") which I enjoyed what I saw of it. They kept more true to the book this time. It is just hard to go to a movie with an (almost) 18-month-old. She didn't want to sit and watch (surprise!) so I sat in the back on the floor keeping her entertained and quiet (I hope!).
So it ended up being a busier week than normal, with a lot more late nights than normal, but it was a great week!!

Your family sure is busy! Loved the poem!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm shocked I didn't see you at Maddox on Staurday. I was there too - having a baby shower with my family.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the ski pictures, jules :)
ReplyDelete