Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 13-19

Sunday: A, S, and K joined 3 other girls in the ward and sang "A Child's Prayer" during Sacrament meeting. They sounded beautiful!! Then we went to my mom's house for dinner. I love not having to cook my own Sunday dinner - Thanks mom!!!!

Monday: The hubby was off work today, so we ran a bunch of errands. We ended up at Hobby Lobby (more on that later) and I got some paper stuff to make cards for the card group I am in. Then I worked on my cards while the hubby worked on a balsa wood model of an F15. It's a pretty cool model! He got about half way done. K finally let us pull out her tooth. Okay, better said, we both got on her, hubby held open her mouth while I pried the little thing out of the whole. It really needed to come out - the new tooth was coming in way behind it. So we got it out after many tears. We bribed her - if mom pulled it out, we would go get Sundae's. So for family home evening, we went to Arctic Circle for ice cream.


Tuesday: I worked more on my cards. Ended up BACK at Hobby Lobby for something (I can't remember what now, just that I was annoyed at myself for not getting everything in one trip.) We had a successful den meeting (we worked on the engineering badge. I know NOTHING about engineering - thank goodness for good descriptions in the book!!). We actually had a cousin of our newest member come. He is from Colorado. He said it was the BEST den meeting he had ever been to. That made us happy! (but a little sad because the boy is turning 11 soon and if he only has had lecture type meetings, then he is probably not very close to getting his Webelos or Arrow of Light. Bummer!!) But as a quick dinner, I had the K and O help make baby pigs in blankets (crescent rolls cut into strips and wrapped around little smokies - yummy!!). So when I went to tuck K into bed, she informed me that SHE was a pig in a blanket!! It was cute!
Wednesday: After finishing my cards Tuesday, I was excited for card club. I went to put them in the envelopes I had bought at Hobby Lobby on Monday, and realized I had bought CARDS not ENVELOPES. So we had to go BACK to Hobby Lobby. Not pleased with myself!!! So then, I talked to someone on the phone, and they said that card club was postponed until NEXT week, I was kinda bummed. Oh well. At least they are done now!!

Anyways, I watched Amazing Race over the internet with K and O and made these for my kids and my nieces/nephews for St. Patrick's Day. I thought they turned out cute. But as I was putting them into family piles, I realized I had missed 2 kids!! I don't know how I forgot! But I didn't have enough chocolate coins to make the other 2, so I (after band) went to Macey's to buy 10 more coins. They had plenty at 10 am, but by 8:30 pm, they were completely OUT!! I was disappointed! So I gave them the hubby's and E's because they didn't really care!!


I also was in charge of making a cake for the weekly Relief Society meeting (Yes, I had a very crafty week!!) Since this is the season for Peeps, I decided to make a sunflower cake that I had seen in a magazine a few years ago. I had to go back to the internet to find pictures of it, but that was easy!! I thought it turned out pretty cute, and it tasted WAY yummy!!

Thursday: We went to my mom's house to watch the BYU basketball game. They won. Then I went to my sister Bigleman's house to watch the USU game. They lost. It was a very sad game.

Friday: We worked on getting our science fair projects wrapped up today - they are due on Wednesday, and I know it will take us a while to type up and paste on the display. K is figuring out what kind of treat the bunnies like the best. She is going to put it into a bracket like march madness. I'm excited to help put it together. A is figuring out which pet eats more food compared to its weight. It has been a tricky thing to measure. At least harder than I thought!
S wanted to know whether the type of soda matter when adding the Mentos to (for example) diet coke. She thought that Diet Coke would give the biggest explosion compared to 3 other sodas. So we had a lot of fun (and I had to go BACK to Hobby Lobby to get a Geyser Tube to take out the adding mentos at the same time variable) exploding soda. And no, it doesn't matter what kind of soda it is. In case you were wondering.
E also successfully MURDERED 3 innocent peeps tonight while we weren't looking. They had done no wrong to her. I don't know why she happy tore their heads off, quickly sending them into the realms of the tummy world. Investigators are still trying to find the motive behind the triple homicide. Any information you may have should be reported immediately to the proper authorities.
Saturday: We went to my cousin's boutique with Bigleman sister and her #2, went to DI (YEA!!), came home and watched basketball all day in preparation for a party watching the BYU game. By the way, during the UCLA/Florida game, I was working on laundry and asked the girls what the score was. I had asked several times, but this time I was unsure of who was playing. So I asked who was playing. S told me that it was Florida and Ucla (pronounced with short u, k, l, and short a). I thought that was pretty cute!! Go Ucla!! (they lost.)

2 comments:

  1. Love your cake so cute! Hope they don't find the guilty party to the homicide she is way to cute to go jail.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute crafty week, the cake was cute! Also the peeps, thief picture.

    ReplyDelete