We had one of "those" weeks this week.
Sunday we went to my mom's for dinner (yes, again!).
Monday, I hopped in with my mom and dad and we went to Ephraim to hear my little brother play a recital. He graduated from University of North Texas last year with his Doctorate of Trombone Performance. I don't think I have heard him do a recital for about 8 year, so I was VERY excited to go and hear him. He is a GREAT musician! I'm glad that my hubby was willing to stay home with the kids so I could go and listen to my brother! I ended up pulling A and S out of school 1/2 hour early so they could babysit until the hubby got home from work. E was asleep most of the time, and the other ones are happy as could be watching shows on Netflix (LOVE IT!!). So they did well.
Tuesday we stayed up too late putting science fair displays together. I had worked on "helping" type up the info Monday and Tuesday, but since I ditched on Monday night, it put all the assembling after dinner on Tuesday. It was a late night. Here's the hubby looking a little loopy from smelling rubber cement for 5 hours:
We had to get up earlier than usual on Wednesday so we could go and put up the science fair projects before school started. Then Wednesday night the kids had to present the projects to the judges, so we had to be at the school later than I would have liked. All the girls did well - S got 1st place for the 2nd graders. She was excited. A was not. She was a bit disappointed that she didn't win anything.






My Bigleman sister watched the kids on Thursday night while hubby and I went to the temple and did sealings. Then I ran to card club after the temple.
We were glad for Friday (after we spent a while delivering bags for scouting for food - the person forgot to bring them to church, and thought we had scouts on Thursday. She brought them Wednesday. We have scouts on Tuesdays. so we did it as a family. NOT FUN!!) and Saturday where we could stay at home, watch the Tooth Fairy, and soak in the hot tub. The girls did really well and helped clean the house on Saturday, too, so I rewarded them by going to IFA to see the baby chicks and we went to the library. What a reward!! They were excited!
We are looking forward to a much calmer week this week!!
Even though it was one of those weeks, looks like you got through it and the girls science projects looked great!!!
ReplyDeleteoh, Julie. You're superwoman. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week! Sometimes the craziest weeks are the best memories! Glad you all are doing well :)
ReplyDelete