Monday, April 4, 2011

A day late (and a dollar short?)

Yes, I'm a day late this week updating our activities. I do have good reasons for it! I promise!

Our week was a lot calmer. Monday I went to Volleyball with the girls in the stake and E had her 18 month check up (she's doing great!). Tuesday I went to Game day with the girls with ward. Wednesday we ended up bringing 3 chicks home from K's kindergarten class. The class watched them hatch, and they had to find a home for the chicks. So we ended up with 3 of the 5. I don't know if I'm excited for this or not. I think I'm a bit nervous! I'm not much of a bird person - their wings kinda freak me out! I'm a wimp!! But the girls are VERY excited. They are currently living in a dog kennel until it warms up enough to put them in the coop we need to still build.



Wednesday brought us to the dentist. We were all cavity free this time (which is unusual for me, I usually have at least one to fill each trip!!) - K had a filling that cracked, so she gets to go back and get that fixed, but it's not a cavity! Horray!! The hubby had pack meeting Wednesday, so A got to stay home and babysit (she loves that!) while I went to band and hubby was at scouts. I love having one that I trust enough to leave home with kids for a little while! I'm looking forward to longer time away soon!

I went to the stake blood drive on Thursday (4 min 48 sec. not my best time).

Friday S had a class party that I helped bring refreshments too. I also made a GREAT dinner for my family. We had the Denison's over to help us eat the yummy food.

Saturday I went to my mom's house for conference. Bigleman sister found a really cute kite pattern that we made. We did it during the morning session. We like to paint while we listen.
Then during the priesthood session, my mom, Denison sister and I made these cute wall hangings. I love how they turned out. They both make my house feel so springy!!

Then we went back to my mom's for Sunday conference. Our ward got tickets to the afternoon session of conference, so hubby, A, and I went down. We were planning on taking S, but she decided she didn't want to come with us. So we picked up older brother's #3 (who is A's age) and brought her along. We had a lot of fun! It was a neat experience to go and listen to conference LIVE. And the girls both did well. Here's the view from our seats (taken on the iPod, so not the best pics!)

I was going to update earlier today, but I've been optimistic today - I am switching clothes from winter to summer. Here's to warmer weather!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment