Sunday, April 24, 2011

The week that we were busy when we shouldn't have been.

Okay, I confess. I actually knew this week was going to be a bad one. As I mentioned last week, my Denison sister had her baby blessed on Sunday. So we went to her house Sunday morning for breakfast, went to her sacrament meeting, ran to my mom's for a few minutes to help my Thomas sister get on the road to go home. Then I had to run to choir practice, and we went to all of our own meetings (my Gordon sister had agreed to play a piano duet with me in my sacrament meeting. It's a great arrangement by Sally DeFord of "My Heavenly Father Loves Me".) before running back to the Denison's for dinner. It was a running day. I don't prefer my Sunday's to be running days. I'd MUCH rather stay at home and relax!! But it was fun to see family some more and visit and play games.

Monday the kids had short day of school and no school on Tuesday (random - they wanted all the schools in our district on the same days off schedule. So anytime ANY school is off for, say, parent teacher conference, all the kids have the day off. kind of annoying.) so we hopped in the car and ran to the in-laws house in Idaho. My MIL had asked (for several years now) us to take out an old apricot tree. So we went up there and took the tree out on Tuesday. While we were up there we did several other odd jobs that hadn't been done for the year. It ended up being really busy, but we got everything done we were supposed to do! We were VERY sore when we got home and VERY sore on Wednesday.

We also had scouts on Wednesday, then we went to my mom's for Denison #2 birthday dinner. He had waffles. They were good. Then I had band to go to as well.

Thursday I had card club with some girls in my ward.

On Friday I helped one of my friends in the Cache Community Band put on her music classes. She wanted to have the kids be exposed to band instruments in person as opposed to just a recording of them, so my little sisters and I went and introduced them to the instruments we play. It was a lot of fun. But it did make for a busy morning!! We also had Aunt Gordon's birthday dinner Friday night. We ditched out of the dinner early to go to an event we had been looking forward to for WEEKS.

I had found on Shannon Hales' website that she was coming to Logan. We have read 3 of her books, and my kids adore her. So A, S, and I went to her book signing. Shannon Hale had only agreed to come up for a signing if Jessica Day George and James Dashner could come with her. She also convinced Brandon Mull, and Ally Condie to come up. I personally think EACH of these authors could have come and made an appearance and all the people that were there would have gone 5 times! There were SOOOOO many people there! I ended up waiting in Brandon Mull's line, while A and S waited in Shannon Hale's line. By the time I got to the end of Brandon Mull's line, I had the kids sneak out of line (my cousin was in line behind them, I realized after a LONG while, she held their place for them!! Thanks!!) and pose for a picture with Brandon Mull (we read The Candy Shop War and the kids enjoyed it, I'm still trying to get them to read Fablehaven. I've read Beyonders, and wish that the other 2 were already out.).

So here's A and S with Brandon Mull. We had him sign the first 3 Fablehaven books.


I sent A and S to get back in line, while I went to see what books The Book Table (a local bookstore) had brought to sell for the event. I found a copy of Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George. I had borrowed this from the library, and I loved it. So I bought it and had her sign it for me. A came over to tell me they were almost to the front of the line, when she saw me with the book in my hand. She was thrilled! So I had her stand by Jessica Day George to get a picture.

So then we went over and got Shannon Hale to sign Goose Girl, Princess Academy and Rapunzel's Revenge.


3 hours later, we finally made it home. It was a LONG wait, but the girl's both told me it was worth it.

Saturday we made bird houses at the Lowe's Clinic. Then we went and picked up 20 trees that I ordered from the USDA Conservation District bare-root tree and shrub sale. I planted 12 of the 22 trees/shrubs that we bought. They're little guys now, but in 50 years or so they will provide some MUCH needed shade for the back yard!! Then we went to my mom's for egg dyeing, dinner and the Easter Bunny.

Here's to a not-so-busy next week!!


1 comment:

  1. So, So, SO jealous. That's way cool you got to meet those three authors. :-) I'm glad you went!

    ReplyDelete