SPRING BREAK!!! It was the spring break that wasn't very spring-y! We had one dry day out of the week! Really a bit disappointing for pretty much everyone! Monday I was feeling optimistic about the "threat" of snow and I traded all the winter clothes for the summer clothes. In the process, A stepped on her glasses and broke them in half. So we had to make a quick trip to the eye doctor for a new prescription and new glasses.
Tuesday we went to my mom's to tie a baby quilt - my Slacker sister is due in July, but we wanted to get it tied. It's SOO cute! We ended up there for most of the day - we helped my mom get the house ready for Slacker family to move in for a month or so. They are moving up from Texas and we are THRILLED to have them back close again!
Wednesday was about the only dry day we had. I wanted to do SOMETHING fun this break (we were going to go to Thomas family's house, but gas prices are too high and the pocket book is too empty) so we went on a picnic. We went with Gordon family to Willow Park Zoo. We had a lot of fun, but it was really cold.
The animals at the zoo?
Thursday and Friday we pretty much stayed at home in the warmth of our house. We got about 6 inches of snow after all was said and done. I felt like getting all the Christmas decorations out because it looks more like December here than April!! I sat and read and watched the snow fall down. It was very picturesque. But its APRIL!!!!
Saturday we went to the Lowe's Clinic (if you've never been, it's a ton of fun, but loud.) and the girls built a little pinball game. We ran to the library, which gave us an excuse to sit around some more to read. Saturday night we watched the nascar race that my big brother, Gordon brother-in-law and dad went to in Texas while they were down there moving the Slack family. It was pretty fun to watch, but long. We only watched about 100 of the 335 laps, and that was plenty for us!!
That was our week in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to getting back on schedule this week!
The chicks are getting big. They like to sit on perches.
Sometime during the week while I was at the computer, I turned around and saw Rocky VERY intrigued with the new additions to the family. His favorite place is now sitting so he can watch the chicks as they move around. Occasionally he sticks his paw in the openings of the door and torments the poor chicks. He's funny to watch!!

No comments:
Post a Comment