Sunday, April 10, 2011

Willow Park Zoo


I didn't want to not let the girl's do anything fun during their spring break. And since it snowed most of the time, it was hard TO do anything fun! I had already packed away all the snow clothes or we would have gone sledding or built a snowman. But I didn't want to get out the mess again, plus having to wash everything again just didn't sound like a bit of fun!! We made it to Willow Park Zoo on Wednesday. It was sunny, but the wind was so cold!! We had a good time, though.

When I told the girls we were going to the zoo, K was so excited. "We get to see the elephants!" she exclaimed. I was very sad to inform her that we were not at the Sedgwick County Zoo that DOES have a lot of fun animals. The Willow Park Zoo has a lot of birds. And a coyote. And some capuchin monkeys. And a bobcat. And . . . . turtles. And . . . .ummm . . . deer. And don't forget the noisy peacocks! But nothing really exotic like big zoos have. But when you only pay a dollar or two to get in, you can't be picky!! :)

E LOVED looking at the animals. She walked most of the time by herself, only riding in the stroller when I made her!
The girls liked playing at the park by the zoo. We had a good time, just was a bit cold!





No comments:

Post a Comment