Sunday - We laid around all morning, went to church, went to Grandma's for dinner, came home for the home teachers to come (not on the last day! I was so proud of them!!) and went to bed. Lazy day!!
Monday - E got "stuck" in her chair. She thought it would be really funny to stick her feet out the back. She was able to get herself unstuck. Thank goodness!! K stayed home from school today because she had a pretty high fever. I brought her to volleyball (I go once a week with some girls in the stake to remind myself WHY I was in band! I'm SO bad!!!), then she fell asleep on my lap while I was reading. I moved her to go get lunch ready, started calling for O, and found her asleep on a chair in the TV room. O also had a really high fever, so I spent the rest of the day consoling sick kids.
Wednesday - I discovered that putting lasagna into the fridge in the morning does NOT guarantee that it will be fully defrosted to cook the right amount of time for dinner. An HOUR later, it was finally done. At least enough on the edges to not be cold. But I had to eat because I was going to be late for band rehearsal. K went back to school this morning, but today A complained about her throat "killing" her, so she stayed home. I'm sick of sick kids!!
Thursday - I finally got all the kids to school today. Thank goodness. I was about out of milk, and I prefer to not take all the kids to the grocery store. It was a happy moment to only take the two little ones.
Friday - All the kids went to school again today. S never really seemed to get the thing that was going around, which I found interesting because she is the only one in the family who got a flu shot this year. Is it a coincidence?!? We also went to the Cache Valley Home and Garden show Friday night. It was . . . interesting? I was hoping for more informational stuff about gardening and home decor. Instead it was very similar to going to the vendor section of the County Fair. I was a BIT disappointed. It was fun, none-the-less, and the kids LOVED it. They gave them bags as they came in, and so it was like trick-or-treating because every booth had candy. So the kids loved it! It did make for another late dinner night. The kids get out of school early on Friday, so they had a lot of time in the afternoon to take advantage of the warm weather to ride bikes/scooters/trikes and pull E in the wagon.
Saturday - We spent the day at Grandma's house - my little brother came into town, so we wanted to spend as much time as possible with him. We sat at my mom's and let the kids play all they wanted. The weather was beautiful - we grilled hamburgers and let the kids play outside all day. We made it to Bigleman Sister's house to cheer on the BYU basketball team, went back to mom's for a quick dinner, went back to Bigleman Sister's to cheer on USU's basketball team. The dear hubby took the kids home after dinner and put them to bed, so I got to enjoy the game with no kids. It was fun!!
E got stuck intentionally again. She loves to pull out tissues from the tissue box, and this time decided the box would make a great shoe. She thought she was really funny.
Here's to another fun week!!

Enjoying your blog, glad you had a chance to have some time for fun, at the end of the week!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great week (well except for the sick kiddo's that is never fun) I love the pics of you little one with the chair and shoe. Mine used to do that too.. brings back great memories of a time long long ago!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!