What did we do all week? No, I really need someone to tell me where the week went! I really can't figure out where the week went. All of a sudden, it's Sunday again, time for me to update, and I can't think of what we did! So I pull out my trusty calendar (I love calendars, and I'm thrilled to have one always with me on my phone!!) to see what is on there. For last week, I have a total of 3 events. And one of those is the reminder to take the garbage cans out. So I literally did NOTHING all week!!
One of the events saved in my phone I was supposed to talk about last week, but I forgot. It's the reason I was a day late posting last week. Aunt Slack blessed baby #3 last week, so we went to her sacrament meeting, then went to her house for a quick lunch before we ran to our ward for primary/priesthood/sunday school meetings. I figured we'd be back with plenty of time, so I didn't want to try to find a sub (I play the piano in primary. We only have about 4 piano players and the other ones all have stuff going on, so it's really hard to find a sub.). Plus hubby had to teach in priesthood meeting. And the exciting thing was that the hubby's webelos performed a puppet show in primary. So we HAD to be there!
We've been working on the showman activity badge for about 3 weeks now in scouts. Part of those requirements are to write a puppet show, make puppets, perform the show, have your puppets sing a song. And for the Faith In God program, the boys could write a play/puppet show about a scripture story. So we killed all those birds with one stone and had the boys pick a scripture story. They picked Daniel and the Lion's Den. We performed it in primary during sharing time and they sang Follow The Prophet (the Daniel verse) to finish the show. They did really well. I recorded it, so we watched the performance at scouts on Tuesday and made copies for them to take home. They were so excited!! (it truly is the little things that get kids excited, isn't it!!)
We had game group this week at my house again - if this keeps up, I may have a clean house!! At least one day a week!! I really don't mind having it at my house. And my kids are always excited to have people come over and play.
We went to the temple this week to do sealings. Thanks Aunt and Uncle Bigleman for watching the kids!! (by the way, E still doesn't say much, but she can say Aunt Bigleman's first name. It's so cute!! And Aunt Bigleman was so excited to hear it! E LOVES Aunt Bigleman!!)
On Thursday I was ready to kill my kids. So we called the Aunts and invited them to go to the local splash pad with us. We brought a picnic lunch, ate there, then played in the water and at the park for several hours. It was a lot of fun.
A and Gordon #1 get along really well - had a lot of fun playing with each otherWe also had another movie night at our house this week. We've been trying to do it again for about a month, but we've been reunioning, the cousins have been vacationing or reunioning with their other sides, so we've never been able to do it. We needed to get it done before we try to get back into the school schedule. So we managed to do it this week!! We had tin foil dinners, s'mores, and watched Napoleon Dynamite. It's a great show!! (the kids watched a Barbie movie, inside while we watched our show out with the projector!!)
I'm super excited for school to start this week. I was talking with one of my friends about it this week. I decided that I love my kids to death, but I'm not disciplined enough to have a schedule at home. I found that out a lot over the summer. I couldn't force myself to be on a schedule! So I'm more excited for a schedule to start this week!!




Awww! Sad I missed out! You are so lucky A!
ReplyDelete-R ;)