I'm pleased to say that I ONLY have 11 months left to catch up on activities we have done in Wichita. Then MAYBE I'll post some CURRENT pictures!! :) Or I'd have plenty to do of our travels to Omaha to the Gordon's, or Denton to the Hunters, or Nauvoo, or Kansas City, or . . . I guess I'd better just be happy trying to get our outings with friends done!!
For the 4th of July, we went to a suburb of Wichita called Maize to a friends' house. Maize has free fireworks in the park, so we thought we could afford that one! We also can't do fireworks in our complex - fire hazard or something. Our friends bought some fireworks, so we watched them light them off before walking to the park to watch the city fireworks. So, the city fireworks wasn't TOO bad of a show - a typical free show, a few big bangs, but a lot of waiting for them. But the neighborhood AROUND the park was VERY active with fireworks. People must have spent thousands of dollars on fireworks. It was amazing to see! We saw 1 house start on fire because people were doing them too close to their house (they had a hose their and got it out before it got too big) and listened to people have 1/2 hour (I swear, if not longer) of straight fire crackers. It wasn't even cool, just really annoying. It was definitely worth going, just to see how insane people are when it comes to fireworks! Oh yeah, and in-the-air fireworks are illegal in Kansas, just like Utah (that is what I was told, at least) but I saw some bigger in-the-air fireworks from people then I did at Maize City's show! It was a pretty cool night!
The kids were happy with the little ones - it always makes me wonder WHY do I take them to see the BIG fireworks!! But I drag them to a show every year!
No comments:
Post a Comment