I was looking through my photos, and found a whole bunch of pictures from one day. We were supposed to meet a bunch of people from the ward for a play group, and only 1 family ended up going. We like doing things with this family - we were shocked when they introduced themselves in church the first week we were there. The husband said something about 4 girls (I was trying to keep my eye on O so I really didn't hear him correctly). I thought he was asking if we HAD 4 girls, and I said yes, we have 4 girls. He meant that they had 4 girls in THEIR family, too! So we have enjoyed getting to know this family pretty well! Back to the story - we really didn't want to play at the park, so they decided to bring us to downtown Wichita to show us the Keeper of the Flame. It is a park that is at the confluence of the Big and Little Arkansas River. They Indians believed it was a special place, and now there is a Native American museum there, as well as a BIG sculpture, right at the tip of the confluence. There is a cool bridge that crosses the 2 rivers, and when the weather is good, there are also flames in front of the sculpture, thus it is the Keeper of the Flame. It is pretty, and the kids enjoyed climbing all over the rocks. One of these days before we move, we MIGHT make it down to see it when the flames are turned on!!
This is child #3 from our friends family, A and S
Our friend's child #2 - the same age as A
Our friends child #1 - she was proud of herself getting to the top.
Friend's #3
Park at the river's confluence
No comments:
Post a Comment