We have had a lot of fun times while living in Wichita, Kansas. I wanted to take a few minutes to 1) tell everyone else about our fun times, and 2) give people a chance to get pictures that I have taken on our different outings. I'm really bad at giving people copies of pictures - they take too long to email, and I'm too lazy to burn CD's to give 5 pictures of an event. So I'm choosing this way to share pictures. I'll try to put one event on at a time, although I'm not making any promises!
One of our first outings with friends was to the Sedgwick County Zoo. About 2 weeks after we moved here, another family with 3 (almost 4) kids moved into our ward. The mom was 9 months pregnant, and she home schools. So in order to help her out and get the kids out of the house for a little while, we went to the zoo for Winter Wednesday. On Wednesday in the Winter months, admission to the zoo (regardless of age) is $2.00. So it was a cheap way to entertain the kids! It was chilly, but we saw SO many animals that day! The chimps were out, and one walked RIGHT by the glass, banging his arm against the glass! The kids LOVED it! The gorilla was also very interactive, so we had to take pictures of them, too! It is amazing how big the gorilla really is, especially compared to a six-year-old boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment