Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Reunion time, day 2

We camped out in Montepelier, Idaho, and had the second day of the Amazing Race Reunion. It was fun up there, too, because we got to go and do a whole bunch of things to learn about my mom's family. We got to drive all over the area and see where they would work in the dry farms, move sprinkler pipe (I missed getting a picture of this one, I was changing we clothes), explore things around the house my mom grew up in, ride horses, go to the cemetery, and spend a lot of time with people we don't usually see! Our groups were split up more this day (2 on day 1, 3 on day 2) because more people were there on day 2. And we were intentionally put with people we may not necessarily knew before then. It was a lot of fun!
My niece LOVED the watermelon! She kept reaching up and stealing more pieces off the table. Her brother was jealous because he wasn't tall enough to reach the table to get his own.

O and my oldest niece riding the horse with my dad leading the way.

These are my oldest brother's kids. They are on one of the tractors my grandfather bought brand new to use on the farm. I think my mom drove it when she was young!

A picture not normally seen - me. I don't like to be IN pictures. But I wanted to see what O was doing, so I had my sister take a picture for me.


We got to go on a tour of the National Oregon Trail Museum. it was VERY interesting. Apparently interesting for ALL the ages with how well the kids are listening! Actually, it was very informative, and the people putting the tour on did a very good job making it entertaining for that big group!

No comments:

Post a Comment