One of the main reasons we moved when we did was so that we could go to my mom's family reunion. I have VERY fond memories of attending these when I was younger. My mom comes from a HUGE family, and a lot of the kids/grandkids/great-grandkids still get involved in the reunions. My Aunt was in charge of the reunion this year, and utilized my mom a ton. They hosted an Amazing Race type of reunion for us. The Amazing Race is one of my absolute favorite TV shows. I don't watch a lot of reality TV, but this is one that I DVRed EVERY week so I would make sure to catch the whole thing. So I was THRILLED to be a part of this reunion!! There were a lot of things we were required to do, plus some bonus things that we could take pictures of to get bonus points.
We took this picture because we needed to know the dates the tabernacle was started/finished/dedicated.
Other things we did on the first day was feed ducks, find my grandfather's apartment where he lived during school, go to where my grandfather worked during school, go to the Blue Bird Restaurant and get a picture (plus a candy stick!!), go to the DUP museum, and going rapelling. Only 3 people from each group got to rapel, so I did volunteer this time! Maybe next time my dad goes out I can go! It was a great time, and we got to learn a bit more about my grandfather and the time that he lived in this area.
No comments:
Post a Comment