Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our week - May 8 - May 14

We had a great week. Busy, but great. And I even took pictures this week. Do I have my camera at home that the pictures are on? No. I don't. So I'll have to get on later and post the really cute pictures that I have sitting on my SD card waiting very patiently to get somewhere other that the SD card.

Back to the week:

Sunday - I had a great Mother's day. The Priests and Laurels of our ward spoke and the primary children sang. I assume they sang well. I was at the piano so I couldn't hear them very well. Then I got 2 roses from the ward which are beautiful. The girls all gave me very pretty notes, I got a great note from the hubby, and I also got Tetris Party that I have been wanting for a while now. My dad made the girls dinner - grilled chicken. It was yummy!

Monday - I went to volleyball. My mom also realized that her preschool program was this week and we hadn't taken class pictures to give them. So I ran to her house and took some pictures of her class. Then I hung out at my mom's for a while with sister Slack and her kids.

Tuesday - I helped my mom run errands getting ready for her preschool program (hubby was off, so I didn't even have to drag kids along!). We had to print the pictures that I took, plus other ones from during the year. Then I helped her with the program. Luckily, she had reserved a lodge up Blacksmith Fork Canyon for the program - it was really cold and raining so we wouldn't have been able to have it in her front yard like we have done in the past.

Wednesday - K had her first ever field trip that I got to chaperone (hubby was off again so no kids again!!). Her class went to the Willow Park Zoo. It was fun. I seriously think that they enjoyed the bus ride ALMOST as much as they enjoyed the animals.

Thursday - I had a WIC appointment (not my favorite thing to do in the world, but having the extra milk/eggs/etc sure help the budget!!) then I went to a rehearsal to listen to my little brother. He was invited by the high school to play a trombone concerto. Denison sister and I went to make sure balance was good between the band and him. He sounds awesome! Then we ate dinner at my mom's so we could see him longer. And since spring finally decided to come, I took some pictures of the girls and of some of the nieces/nephews in my mom's tulip bed. They have FINALLY opened up and they look so pretty. These are the pictures I'm going to have to post later.

Friday - We went to grandma's to play games with my little brother. We ate some really good steak for lunch, ate dinner there, then went to the band concert he was playing at. It ended up that the high school is starting out a hall of fame, and he was the second inductee into it. The first inductee is the original band director for the school - they invited her to come conduct the band on one of the songs. It was pretty neat to see my brother honored in that way.

Saturday - K and I were in a parade in Smithfield - I was playing my clarinet, K was riding the float "playing" the tambourine. Slack sister babysat the other girls so we could go (thanks again!), then we worked on cleaning the house and mowing the lawn. We babysat the Bigleman kids, so we sat in the hot tub Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment