I'm a day late updating. I was feeling lazy yesterday, so I sat around and read a book all morning instead of doing useful things like updating my blog.
But this was the week that we spent outside and got sunburned. For reals!!
Monday we went to volleyball. For Family Home Evening, I thought that root beer floats sounded good. We got in the car, and I realized that I needed to have a lesson along with just going out for root beer floats. I had seen an idea on this blog for a mutual activity. I liked the idea of it, so we did it for home evening. Justin flipped a coin for every street we came to. If it was heads, we turned right (or went straight) and if it was tails we turned left (or went straight). Then we tried to get to the temple. It took us a long time to get out of our little city! When we finally got onto the highway, we changed tactics and decided to talk about how you need to start when you are little with a plan on how to get to the temple. Then at one point, I asked the kids about making a mistake. I turned the car away from the temple and asked them how we get back on the path. Of course they quickly came up with repentance. So I turned and we talked about how sometimes you CAN repent, but it may not get you back where you originally wanted to be. Sometimes in life you can plan on going one direction, but because of the consequences of the decisions you make you have to take a different route to the temple. Then we went to the temple. The grounds were closed (they are closed on Monday here!) so we drove around the block then went and got our root beer floats. I liked how the lesson turned out. We had a good discussion in the car about choices!!
Tuesday and Wednesday were hubby's day off, so we spent the day outside working. Gordon sister needed a cover on her watering head gate thing so a poor kid doesn't fall inside. So we worked on that in the morning, then hubby went and had a tilling party at all the gardens (we are borrowing the MIL's tiller. It works so good!!) while I went to game group.
Then we spent all of Wednesday out builing a chicken coop. And we didn't put sunscreen on. And the hubby has now decided that his hair is too thin to work outside without a hat on. His scalp fried!!
Thursday I helped a friend paint her deck all afternoon (I did remember to put sunscreen this time!!)
Friday we worked on laundry and more on the chicken coop (I painted it barn red. I'll have to take pictures sometime.).
Saturday I helped my parents take a tree out (again). I remembered to put sunscreen on the girls and myself, except the backs of my legs and I (stupidly) decided to wear shorts. So the backs of my legs got pretty fried!!
Overall, it was a great week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment