Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 22 - May 29

Sunday: The choir sang (I'm the choir director) a nice song called "Teach a Child". I thought it turned out nice. We had a nice dinner at my moms. We had to eat fast, our home teacher came so we didn't stay at my mom's very long.

Monday: I'm starting to babysit my Bigleman niece (and my nephew will come too, once school is out) today. I took her to volleyball with me, and she claimed that it was a ton of fun and she wanted to do it again. Thank goodness that we're going to keep playing volleyball during the summer so she can go with me again!!

Tuesday: A was thrilled because her class was going on a field trip to our local Mountain Man Rendezvous. The spot they rendezvous is usually at has 12 inches of water, so they changed spots this year. She didn't care. And it was dry the whole time they were on the field trip. (That says a lot. We've had an exceptionally wet month. Rain almost every day!!) I went to game group for just lunch - hubby took O to Ogden to buy the playset. Then we put the playset together. It went a lot faster than we thought it would! It took us about 3 hours to assemble the airplane and 2 hours for the swingset.

Wednesday: S had activity days (I forgot, she was only 1/2 hour late!!). Hubby had pack meeting today, I had band, so A got to babysit. She loves doing this job (Thank goodness. she'll probably do it a lot in her life!).

Thursday: We babysat a dear friend for a few hours while her mom ran to Ogden. O was SO excited to have a friend over!! I also brought dinner to our neighbor who just had her knee replaced. My bread didn't turn out as good as I was hoping, but my Chicken Noodle Soup turned out great!!

A had a big Utah Program that the 4th graders put on. I should have realized that it was going to be big, but for some reason, I thought it was something they would do in the classroom or something like that. No. It was in the gymatorium with both classes on risers and consisted of a bunch of speaking parts (A had 3 parts. She didn't tell me this!) and a bunch of songs they had worked on this year. Had I known it was a big deal, I would have brought the video camera. Or at least new batteries for my camera so I could have videotaped better. Or even gone a few minutes earlier so I had better seats so I wouldn't have had to fight the 18-month-old so I could have even gotten half decent pictures of the program!! After her program we got a picture of her and her teacher. She has loved her teacher this year! She has really given her a challenge with her reading - she actually made her read a VARIETY of books. Crazy, huh!! :)
She dressed up like a pioneer for the program. Again, had I known it was this big of a deal, I would have tried helping her come up with a bit more of a costume. (some kids changed during the program for their other parts.) Oh well. Live and learn!
Friday: We went to the in-laws for the night. We played a little bit of Wii, moved some furniture around, and visited with hubby's brother and Nana.

Saturday: We took a quick trip to hubby's Granny and Grandpa's house - we have to visit them as often as we can! Then we went to the cemetery to put flowers out for Memorial Day.

We gave E a blue M&M. She likes M&M's almost as much as I do!!

We showed the kids how to do rubbings on the headstones. They all LOVED doing this!!
Except the wind kept blowing their papers so it was a little bit difficult!!
We came home Saturday night in time to eat dinner, shower and go to bed. School gets out this week (which we are all looking forward to) so we may start having busier weeks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment