Sunday, June 5, 2011

May 30 - June 4

Our week by the numbers:

1 - hour into summer vacation that I wanted to kill my kids.
1 - pitcher of juice spilled on the kitchen table (why I wanted to kill the kids.)
2 - kids who sat and watched while the 1 kid dumped the pitcher.

2- times we got stranded in the van - once in the DI parking lot, once at an intersection.
1 - how many batteries we need to buy so the van won't die on us again (we hope!!).
1 - number of battery terminals we replaced to find out it was really the battery that needed to be replaced.

3 - excited kids to be done with school for the year, sad because they had to leave teachers they really enjoyed.
(S with her teacher)
(K with her teacher)

4 - planter boxes we filled with dirt for the raised part of our garden.
3 - asparagus plants that survived the no water/being stepped on/morning glory suffication/transplant into the new raised planter boxes.
6 - tomato plants we planted (along with a few cucumbers, pumpkins, squash, lettuce, peppers, strawberries, corn, potatoes, radishes, carrots, etc).
1 - wagon-fulls of rocks A, S, and K picked up from the garden.

2 - days of rain. but that meant
5 - days of no rain!! finally!!

2 - cookouts. yum!!

2 - birthday dinners with
20 - cousins. each time.

1 - trip to the library with
6 - kids (10 and under - what was I thinking!!!) bringing home
24 - library books (we all love to read. And I was being conservative, too!!)

8 - batches of laundry.
0 - line dried. It wasn't QUITE dry enough on wash day. I was sad. I like line-dried clothes.

1 - new game I learned at game group.
3 - times we have played it SINCE learning the game on Tuesday.

1 - song I accompanied for some friends in the ward for sacrament meeting.
2 - baptisms I played at (technically, 1 service, 2 boys getting baptized. Neat service, none-the-less.)

2 comments:

  1. The game was a variation of the game Golf (4 cards, you can look at the bottom 2, change them as much as you like, but only change the top ones once - low score wins). My family (especially my dad) likes Golf a lot, so I though this would be fun to play. I was right. My family loves it!!

    ReplyDelete