We had another great week here. Here's how it went for each person:
E: It's been a struggle this week to get used to being home alone with mom 3 days a week (4 because O had a birthday party this week, too) in the afternoons. She hasn't decided if she's done with naps, she struggles to go to sleep, but if she doesn't sleep, she is a BEAR in the evenings. So I encourage naps. Even if that means me staying in her room until she falls asleep so she'll stay in her new big girl bed, or holding her (as she cries) until she falls asleep. But she loves being the big girl. She insists on doing everything her siblings are doing (including wearing the backpack and getting the "first day of school picture".
O: She had a GREAT week. She started school at Tiny Tot Tech and (so far) loves every minute of it. We talked a boy in the neighborhood to go there, too, so we have someone to carpool with (not that it's far, but it IS nice to have someone to drive with!!) and she has a friend there already. Not that she doesn't know anyone there - her cousin Slack #1 is in her class, and Grandma is her teacher. But she was excited to have this friend there with her, too!! She went to this friend's birthday party this week, and had a blast. She hasn't stopped talking about all the fun things she did there.
K: Loves 1st grade. She enjoys eating school lunch, but made sure she had home lunch at least once this week because she was so excited to get to use her new lunch box. She says that recess is her favorite part of the day because they get to play a lot. I can't believe how tired she has been at the end of the day. I'm glad that she 's going to school so she can get her energy out and actually sleep good at night now!!! They all have been riding bikes to school, except one day this week that I drove them and they rode their scooters home. I'm hoping this keeps up for a LONG time (at least until it snows!!)
S: Has enjoyed 3rd grade so far. She has been counting down the days until today for her birthday. She is now 9 years old. She has been excited to turn 9. I asked her why, she said it's because she is tired of being 8. She says that homework is her favorite part of the week, because "it just is." She says that playing at recess is her favorite thing at school (apparently, I just needed to get my girls to the park more this summer playing with kids!!).
A: Has enjoyed 5th grade (but I'm not sure if I enjoy all the homework she has already had!!). Every Friday, they have a raffle where they draw names out to win different things. She says that is her favorite part of the week. She's been learning a lot about decimals/place values and she loves that. She's been a good helper getting K home from school. She also got to babysit this week while I went to band and the hubby had pack meeting.
the hubby: Worked all week. Worked on the fence (it's been . . . . leaning a bit. now it's standing straight up again.). Helped with pack meeting. Has picked a lot of yummy food from our garden. Yes, this corn and watermelon both came from the garden!! It's been fun to eat fresh food straight from the garden. My biggest complain about the watermelon was that it was warm. It was delicious, but too warm. It definitely needed to be chilled (notice the kids don't care at all!!!)!!!
Me: I avoided cleaning the house this week. I actually just decided that I wanted a break. So I took it! Now I'm hating life because my house REALLY needs to be cleaned!! I rode my bike (with O and E in the trailer) to preschool this week - just under 7 miles round trip. I was really proud of myself. I haven't been exercising as much as I would like to, so I was happy to be able to do this. (the weather finally cooled down enough to go outside and work and do things!!)
I think we had a pretty good week!!!


Your girls are all so cute! I had checked your blog a bit before our trip but forgotten to check for awhile, it's so fun to see what you're up to! I hope you all have a great year, it's hard to believe that the summer (and school years) fly by so, so quickly!! And good luck to your littlest, those days alone are probably a big transition for her - and you! I wish we could run over and play w/ you! :)
ReplyDeleteLove it Elsha! ;)
ReplyDelete