Sunday, July 17, 2011

Frustration

I typed this whole blog post, clicked on publish post, and it kicked me out of blogger. So I logged back in knowing it autosaves occasionally. But of course, it hadn't autosaved this time. so here I am, typing this post all over again, frustrated.

But we did have a pretty exciting week.

Monday we sat around ignoring all the cleaning that needs to be done around the house and read. I got the lawn mowed (which is a HUGE accomplishment!!), and we ran to the library so we all had new books to enjoy.

Tuesday we went to Brigham City to watch the workers put the Angel Moroni on the east spire of the temple. It started raining about halfway there, so I was glad that I left my umbrellas in the van. We walked about 4 blocks, found a house that was for sale so no one was standing in the yard. There WAS a couple standing on the porch out of the rain, and I asked if they minded if we stood on the "grass". (we were being joined by the Denisons and the Gordons, so there was going to be 13 kids running around) They didn't mind, so we stood there in the rain waiting.
The rain stopped just after 12:00 (it was supposed to happen at noon), so we were all excited. But the wind started after the rain stopped. So we waited. And waited. And waited. They raised the crane a few times, and the bucket with people in it at least once.
And about 1:00, a whole bunch of people started leaving. They had heard that the wind was blowing too hard, so it was being postponed until the wind slowed down. We were a BIT disappointed. We were supposed to have game group at 1:00, so we left - which we didn't go to because it ended up being so late by the time we got home, so we sat at home and read and let E sleep. Aunt Gordon called me 10 minutes after we got home and said that they had done it. So we should have waited after all. We were REALLY disappointed that we missed it.

Wednesday we worked on cleaning the house. We also had Uncle Bigleman's birthday dinner, so we went to Grandma's house for dinner.

Thursday we built a laundry basket dresser. I saw the idea on the internet, and we decided to try to build it. I LOVE how it turned out! I hate how laundry baskets take up so much floor space. I tried a fabric one that hangs so it takes up less space, but it is SEVERAL years old and falling apart. Plus I had to unload the clothes into my laundry basket to get them downstair easier to do the wash. So we now have 3 separate laundry baskets for the 3 girls in the room. K gets the top one, O gets the middle and E gets the bottom. Apparently E loves it - she has brought me her clothes every morning to wear since then. Of course they are the dirty clothes out of her laundry basket, but heck, at least I know she likes to get dressed!!

Friday the hubby went to the Webelos overnighter. We watched the Bigleman kids. Plus Aunt Slack came over to do some photos of her 2-week-old baby. We had a lot of fun taking pictures. He wasn't thrilled with the idea. But we did get some cute shots! (and we had 10 kids 10 and under in the house for the morning. Always lots of fun!)
Then Friday night we went to our library's swim night. It was the award for participating in the Summer Reading Program. We had a lot of fun! (and bless Uncle Denison's little heart for playing with my older girls so I could keep a closer eye on E!!!)

Saturday morning I got out of bed to a "diaper malfunction". Not a fun morning. I spent the day steam-vacing the basement (thanks mom for having a steamvac I could borrow!). Then we played kick ball with grandma and grandpa, Bigleman #2, the Denisons, and the Slacks. We had a lot of fun!

1 comment: