We had a great week. Sunday night we went to my mom's for dinner, then went to Hyrum city's Patriotic Program. It is something I've done for the 4th of July since I was little. I'm glad I can keep the tradition now that I'm married. The speaker this year was Gail Miller, and she spoke on the Pledge of Allegiance. She did a great job.
We went to the Hyrum parade on Monday (along with several of my sisters, sisters-in-law, cousins, and an aunt). We got a lot of candy! The temperature was PERFECT!! (my aunt's car at the start of the parade said it was 75. at NOON!! Can't beat that!!) We had a picnic at my mom's house after the parade.

After dinner, I met the hubby (who had to work so he missed all the festivities) at home. We got in the car and drove up to Malad for a Smith family reunion (see other posts for more info on this!) that was Tuesday and Wednesday.
We got back in time for me to go to band on Wednesday night.
Thursday A had a doctor's appointment (a well-child check - she's well.), so my mom watched the kids while I took A to her appointment. We played at my mom's for a bit, then came home. That night I went with my mom and most of my sisters/sis-in-law to my Aunt's house. She was doing a hands-on demo of cake decorating. It was fun to visit with my cousins, and to learn a bit of techniques for cake decorating. I got to bring home 6 cupcakes that I practiced on for the family to eat.
Friday we tried to go to the library, it was closed. So we played. My nephew Gordon #1 had a baseball game, so we went and watched his game and let the kids play at the park by the ball field.
Saturday we went to the Lowe's clinic with the Bigleman family, then we went to the library for reals, but still went to my mom's and played some more. Saturday night I went with Aunt Slack to HER sister-in-law's book signing. She wrote a book and it was recently published. So I joined her in the book signing at the library.
We had a very busy, but very fun week!





No comments:
Post a Comment