We had a great week. Actually, we did pretty much nothing for all but 2 days of the week. We babysat the Bigleman's on Monday, did some house/yard work, "helped" (we got there too late!) make a bunch of raspberry freezer jam and generally read and played a lot.
The fun thing we did this week -- -- -- wait for it -- -- -- -- wait for it -- -- --
We left our kids at Nana's overnight while the hubby and I went to Idaho Falls!
This is the first time we've left the kids overnight in a LLLOOOONNNGGG time. I've never left E, and probably one of the few times I left the other kids was when we HAD E. But even then, the hubby stayed with them at night. So really, I haven't left the kids much.
Why did we do something drastic like leaving our kids and going and having a night to ourselves?
I wish I could say that it was all for "fun". The Logan Temple is closed right now for cleaning, and we really wanted to attend the temple this month. We considered going to the Salt Lake area, but didn't really have a babysitter down there. (okay, we COULD have left them SOMEWHERE, but . . . ) We decided that we'd never been through the Idaho Falls Temple. And since Nana lives on the way up there, we decided to see if she would be willing to watch the girls while we went to the temple.
And if we were going to the temple, we were already going to be child-less, so we wanted to go to the Bodies exhibit that was at the Museum of Idaho. (It was VERY interesting, in case you were wondering.)
So we dropped the kids off at Nana's Wednesday night, drove the rest of the way up to Idaho Falls (we had Jimmy John's on the way. I LOVE those sandwiches!!) to the Hubby's cousin's house. They were great hosts. We played a game, watched a movie, went to bed. Then we got up, had breakfast, chatted, and went to the temple. (It was a great session.) We ate lunch at the temple cafeteria (yummy food!!). We went to the Bodies exhibit then went back home. I'm super glad we got the opportunity to do this!!
And the kids had an absolute blast with Nana. They packed as much fun into 24 hours that you possibly could. They went swimming, they went to the park, they got to play the Wii, they made sewing baskets, they made bean bags. They had all SORTS of fun. Thanks Nana!!!
It's hard to see this sign, but it made me laugh SO hard! It says Interstate Oasis. Like we're in the middle of nowhere and need an oasis. I thought it was pretty funny. Maybe it's just me.

The hubby at the falls of Idaho Falls (our feet got all sandy. that was a bit annoying. and the water was SUPER cold!!)
Us with the temple in the background
The temple

Us with the temple in the background
(And of course I didn't remember the camera, so you get the view from the iPod.)
loved the pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDelete-R ;)