Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 24 - July 30

Ack! I can't believe July is almost done!! August brings such fun things in our house that we have been anticipating since June - School starting!! While I love having my girl's at home, I'm really looking forward to school starting and getting back into a schedule. We haven't done nearly as much stuff as I wanted to this summer - especially cleaning!! My goal was to get up, clean one room a day, then go do something really fun in the afternoon while it was hot. It didn't happen. I think that lasted maybe a week. So I am hoping that we can do that this month before school starts.

So after our busy week last week, we really didn't do much this week. But as I say that, I think of the little things that we did that made it seem like we were doing something!!

Sunday - we went to my mom's for Sunday dinner. I think most of my siblings were there this week. Aunt and Uncle Slack bought a box of fireworks, so we lit off fireworks. The kids loved it. It was a good show! (thanks, guys!!)

Living in Utah, we get to celebrate a state holiday that commemorates the day that Brigham Young came into the Salt Lake Valley - Pioneer Day. Thus we got to shoot off fireworks. It's a pretty big holiday in the state.

So on Monday, our valley celebrated Pioneer Day. We had a parade (the Cache Community Band played in it, so I was IN the parade, the girls watched with Grandma), then a picnic at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We stayed there pretty much all day. The girls loved the parade. They threw out more STUFF than candy. Like little bags. And frisbees. And bouncy balls. And books. Actual stuff. The kids loved it.

Then we put the kids to bed with A in charge and we went to Harry Potter 7.2. We enjoyed the movie. A and S are mad at us for going, but I don't really want them to watch those movies on the big screen. I feel that at home I can control the lighting and the sound so it isn't AS scary!! So they have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Tuesday we worked around the house - got some weeding done, watered the lawn, cleaned a bit.

Wednesday we went to USU - the girls participated in a cognition study that the students up there are doing. They get a prize for participation, and they think its lots of fun. Then we worked on cleaning some more. Wednesday night I went to band. The hubby had pack meeting, so the girls got to go to that with him. They had a bike rodeo this month. I tell you, the kids weren't very disappointed with having to go to THAT one!! They had a lot of fun, and were very kind and shared their bikes with some neighbors who didn't bring bikes.

Thursday we cleaned the house a bit more so we could have a family from the neighborhood over for dinner. They are moving this week and we wanted to have them over before they moved. We're sad to see them leave.

Friday we enjoyed the clean house and sat around and read and played and babysat the Bigleman kids. Friday night we watched Ramona and Beezus (cute show!!).

Saturday we went to grandma's to help with some canning. We helped pick raspberries, beans, and peas, made raspberry jam, canned the beans, and played games. We eventually ended up at Hyrum Dam. We only stayed there an hour or so and it wasn't nearly as busy as I thought it would be. The girls had fun there, and were sad when it was time to go. K also got to go to a wedding reception for her kindergarten teacher. It was just me and her, so she was really excited! (and her teacher looked beautiful!) Then we came home, had church baths, and got into bed, a lot later than we wanted to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment